Thursday, August 4, 2011

R.I.P. Sophia

Sadly, we lost our beloved Sophia last night. I found her in our backyard this morning. One of our own dogs may have been the culprit but we can't be sure.

One thing we do know is that she was the most curious and adventurous of all the GGs. Each day when I got home she would have escaped and come running to the back gate to meet me. She would often fly out while I was working in the backyard and follow me around, leaving the other 2 GGs to pace back and forth, cooing along the fence line. When I was working on the roof over their run, she found a way to fly through a two foot opening that I hadn't finished yet, walk over the roof of the coop (about 12 feet high or so), along the cob wall and down into the hay I was using to mix cob. I never worried much about her wandering because it didn't seem like she wanted to escape, it just seemed like she wanted to be where I was. Quite flattering actually. I don't want to say I picked favorites or anything...

I don't know when she got into our backyard or how she died but I'm not surprised that her wandering got the best of her. Poor girl. We will miss her something terrible. We love you Sopia!

No comments:

Post a Comment