Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feed Storage Roof

I put a small extension on the cob wall to make an area to store the goat feed. I'm planning to build a couple of shoots into the wall with bowls on the end. That way I can just dump their grain into the shoots each morning without wrestling the goats while they try to get at the bucket of grain. The extension is curved so I anchored one post to a concrete block on the ground, the other into the cob wall. The posts are white oak. The beam and rafters are a mix of white oak, cherry, and cedar. The cedar tree came down on its own. The cherry died so I cut it down. The white oak was perfectly healthy but I cut it down to make posts for the greenhouse. I used the leftovers to frame the roof over the feed area. I ran some old 1x2s between the rafters to hold the shingles. The shingles I put on were ones that we bought to repair the barn roof but weren't able to use. Progress is slow but steady...

Roof frame over feed storage area


Feed storage roof with shingles

No comments:

Post a Comment